Cassini Mission at Saturn An Epic Ending to an Epic Mission Is the subject of this month’s Estes Valley Astronomical Society (EVAS) meeting. EVAS in conjunction with The Estes Park Memorial Observatory is offering a free public open house/star night on Saturday, October 28, 2017. The goal of EVAS is to promote amateur astronomy and education in the Estes valley. During its “Grand … Continue reading →
See all posts from our Astro News…
See all photos from our Astrophotography…
Recommended Astronomy Links
- Astronomy Picture of the Day
Features a different image or photograph of our universe each day, along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.
- Tonight’s Clear Sky Clock for Rocky Mountain National Park
It’s the astronomers forecast. It shows at a glance when, in the next 48 hours, we might expect clear and dark skies for one specific observing site. There are many, but the example above is for Blackfoot (the most sponsored chart).
- Hubble Space Telescope Images
Picture Album. Hubble’s Top Shots. A collection of Hubble images selected by Hubble scientists and you.
- Howard C. Anderson’s Messier Marathon Photos
East Valley Astronomy Club to attempt to photograph all 110 objects in one night based on Charles Messier who was an 18th century French astronomer who was looking for comets.
NASA.gov brings you the latest news, images and videos from America’s space agency, pioneering the future in space exploration, scientific discovery and more!
- Quality sky maps (star charts) for skywatchers, educators and publishers. The Evening Sky Map (PDF) free each month. Find constellations, planets, and comets.
Forecasts of solar flares and geomagnetic storms, plus daily animations of the sun.
- Be an Astronomer Right from Your Window!
Has some great links to basics of Astronomy.
- Beginners guide to Astronomy, really great for kids too!
Many aspiring astronomers start out at home, in their own backyard. It is possible to observe quite a lot about our solar system using basic telescopes or even the naked eye.